Sunrise

Sunrise
Life is bright

Friday, January 29, 2016



My name is Ruthanne and I love to smile and try to see the positive things in life.  I haven’t had the easiest life, but have learned to find good things everywhere. I truly believe that there is goodness in everything.  Yes wickedness and bad things happen, but when we look at it from a different angle, you will see the difference.

You might be wondering why I’ve titled this Blog, “Follow your Heart” instead of “Be Happy?”  I believe that there are some core things in being happy, and they are all connected. Positivity, confidence, and gratitude are just a few I have learned about. Now, what do you think of when someone says "Follow your Heart?"  Maybe adventure? Taking big risks? Not the best idea?  I want to share with you many different ways I have learned to follow your heart and how to find the best part of yourself.  I love to read articles and motivational quotes.  Every week I will pick one and share how it is connected to following your heart, by finding yourself.



My first quote I want to start with is shown above.  There are many reasons I love this.  It is true for one thing.  Most of us get caught up in what sounds the most reasonable, or what the world or your family thinks is the smartest.  We usually push aside the question, “What do I want?”  Not what should I do, but what do I want? What is my heart telling me? What will make me happy?  And I’m not talking about getting a double burger instead of a single burger. I’m meaning life altering things. What do I want to do with my life? Where should I move? Who do I marry? What college should I attend? These are the things that you need to be following advice from your heart or at least consider its opinion.  Don’t just brush it aside, thinking “It won’t happen anyway.”  Well with that attitude it won’t.  Open your mind to your heart. This is one of the first steps to finding yourself.  Not who you think you should be or who your parents think you should be, but who YOU are.  That is the person who is that happiest.  That is who I want to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment