Sunrise

Sunrise
Life is bright

Friday, March 4, 2016

Believe In Yourself


I know the phrase "Believe in Yourself" is heard often, but every time you hear it, what do you think? Do you believe the person? Or do you hear it often enough that you shrug it off? 
What does this phrase mean to you?

It didn’t mean much to me when I was younger. Whenever I heard it I always felt like it was insincere.  Now that I’m older I know that the people really meant it, but I think because I heard it so often, I didn’t take it seriously.  The reason I picked this quote is because over time I have learned to love this phrase.

Take a second to think about the meaning of the words. Believe in yourself.  Do you believe that you can do things? Do you trust yourself when making choices?  That is what this means. It means to believe that you are making the right choice. It means that you need to trust in what your heart wants and believe that you can do whatever it’s telling you. 
                                                                                                      
Feelings and intuition are all a part of following your heart and believing yourself. Your heart tells you what it wants you to do through these deep feelings and first impressions. When someone invites you to a party, what’s your first thought?  Whatever it is….that is your heart.  When you are learning about nurses and you have a huge desire and pull towards nursing, it’s because that is what your heart is telling you to do.

Once you recognize what your heart is telling you, that is when you need to believe in yourself and go for it! Don’t let anyone hold you back. Your mind, or logic, will try to play its sob story of how it’s not going to work out, but you can’t go a long with it.  Now I always feel like I need to put a disclaimer, that it is always good to take in consideration all the views points, but don’t throw away your hearts idea just because it doesn’t seem logical.  MOST dreams are not logical.  Do you really think that the entire team of NASA thought it was logical to land on the moon?  No…but they did it.  Do you think that it was logical for someone to talk to another person across the world through a device smaller than an average hand? No, but yet the technology exists.  Never say you can’t do it, and never doubt yourself.  That is what kills dreams. 

I have started to believe in myself a lot more about the things that my heart is telling me and not all of them is logical, but they make me happy.  That is why I’m following that path.  I’m believing in myself and trusting in my decisions. I promise that you will be able to find that happiness too.

Start believing in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment